21 September 2009

10 km treadmill run
1 hour 10 minutes, average speed about 8.3 km/hour

I am proud: I never ran this far in my life! The longest was 8 km when I was a kid, I mentioned it in one of the previous posts. I am really tired.

Interesting that with the increase in volume you start paying attention to the technique: place the leg under your center of gravity, strive for high stride rate, close to 180/min, get your heel up, stay upright, move your arms forward, not across the chest and so on.

Someone posted on IGx about taking coaching for running. I was skeptical and joked about it. I must admit now that I was wrong: most runners get injured, mostly because of the bad technique. Learning to run correctly pays off. And it feels good.

2 comments:

David said...

Hi Eugene. Where did you find your running coach?

Smet said...

My wife mostly. She used to run at state level: 800m and 400m with hurdles. She corrects my running (very ego-deflating!) Also books and videos on the Net. My technique is sort of ok for my current level,but I am planning to consult a coach. There are a few in Sydney.