GymBoss

A few months ago I bought GymBoss, the interval pager. It allows to set two time intervals and is useful for - soryy for the repetition - interval training. I was planning to do snatches with it and time left and right arms or work/rest intervals with heavier bells. After pulling my back though I am not doing snatches for a while, and cleans only with light bells. Ginko is coming to Sydney in couple of weeks, and I want to check my technique with him (with Him!) before starting snatches with a light bell.

I found another use for the GymBoss in the meantime: it is useful for setting the tempo of other lifts. I do LC EDT style at 6 reps per minute, and physically watching the clock is a pain. But setting the timer to beep every 10 seconds does the trick. It helps to get the rhythm going: beep, jerk, lower, re-clean, rack, rest. Beep - next cycle. Very convenient.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to recommend another option. You can do the same thing with Timex watches with interval timer function. Then you can use it for HIIT and kettlebell training as well.orkses

Boris T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Boris T said...

I use my gymboss in a similar fashion. I do find it sometimes easier as I put it in front of me and watch the reps count down and not the minutes on the clock.

Also I have divided up my training clock to make it easier to follow: http://boristerzic.blogspot.com/2009/06/keeping-time.html