2 October 2010

BB Squat:
50 kg x 3
70 kg x 5 x 2 sets

Dips on rings:
BW: 12, 13

Hanging leg raises:
10, 11

For me squat has one very practical side: it is faster to set it up. The bar is sitting in my power rack, and all I have to do is to put some plates on (with my strength it's not much either!) As opposed to deadlift: unload the bar in the rack, take it out, load some plates (awkward), then do everything in reverse when finished. Well, deadlifts are important and I will do them. Just wanted to complain a little.

One thing puzzles me: how come my biceps gets pumped up from ring dips, whereas it doesn't from dips on fixed bars?

3 comments:

paul said...

I find the most effective exercises are the ones you can do easily without lots of fiddly preparation and equipment.

Unknown said...

Your biceps are acting as stabilizers on a mobile object (rings) vs. stable dip bars.

Boris T said...

I am with Paul, most effective exercises are usually the simplest ones in the terms of equipment set up.