1 October 2008

2 x 16 kg jerks: 2 sets of 5 minutes (43 and 41 reps), 5 minutes rest in between, 4 min rest and untimed set of 20 jerks (about 2.5 minutes).

Total - 104 jerks.

50 kg barbell squats: 4 x 5 sets.

I like my progress, even though it is fairly slow. On the other hand I am enjoying my training and don't have painful shoulders or "sensitive" back. When I started training in May, five minute set used to be an absolute torture. As I posted earlier, I did only one timed set and then snatches and assistance exercises. After changing my training scheme I pushed myself for modestly long sets only rarely and was rather building volume. Surprise - there is progress! The first five minutes felt reasonably easy, and I could go for another minute or so if needed. Volume, baby, volume. Pavel is not wrong after all... My next intermediate goal (one of them) will be doing 200 double jerks in one workout, whatever the duration of the sets.

No comments: