19 March 2011

2 x 18 kg jerk:
7 minutes/37 reps

Short session. Lately I have insomina and have been waking up at ridiculously early hours of the morning. Today isn't so bad, I just woke up 2 hours earlier than set alarm time. Instead of idling in bed I went downstairs and jerked some bells, the next step of my training progression. Doing this in the morning is hard: I am not a morning people. So one set and then breakfast.

I haven't done long sets in a while, and for now the biggest problem for me is pain in the heels of my hands, the pressure areas of the handles. There is no remedy for it except for getting used to. Otherwise GSing two 18 kgs is not particularly hard. Next session is 10 minute set with 16 kg, hope my palms are gonna let me do it.

5 comments:

Mick Valentine said...

comp on the 9th April, coming?

Mick

Smet said...

I think I am working on that day. In any case, not ready to compete at remotely meaningful level.

Mick Valentine said...

come and count reps then, I'm out with an injury, Paul is coming up......

Smet said...

If am not tied up at work, I'll try. If don't make tell everyone I said hi.

Unknown said...

Wanted to ask: what shoes do you wear when kb. training?