Big try at 24

Today was the first time I tried Dmitri's latest directives: starting with 24kg jerks. Here is the video of this set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgirh7b50u4

Pretty pathetic but I have to start somewhere. After all, first time I did jerks with 16 kg they killed me. Now, at least at the beginning of my working set, they feel strong and crisp. I should make a video next time.

After jerking 24kgs I did 5 minutes with the 16s and two sets of one arm jerks/push presses (sort of a hybrid) with the 24 kg: 11 per arm first set and 12/arm second.

One set of swings with the 24 - 50 seconds per arm. That's all I was capable of, not even one minute. tthe back was shaking and the grip was dying.

6 comments:

hunashaman said...

I think that is some impressive work Eugene. Believe me, doing just one arm jerks with the 24 feels nasty to me. Good going!

Alexander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alexander said...

I agree with Hunashaman, I am especially impressed by your lockouts.

Smet said...

Thanks for the support guys.

Anonymous said...

"One set of swings with the 24 - 50 seconds per arm. That's all I was capable of,..."
It's better than you think :) I did just 30 seconds :) It's not only back, but fingers...

Good Luck!
WildBill

Anonymous said...

Только сейчас посмотрел видео. На работе плохо настроено - ютуб непоказывает.
Помоему у тебя дожим. Мало подсаживаешься, поэтому приходится дожимать руками.

ДикийБилл
PS
Писал по русски, так как это сложные фразы для меня :)