New program

After doing the program described in the early posts I finally got new assignment from my coach. Now I am supposed to do the following.

Jerks 16kg - 5min, 43reps. 1st min 9 reps/min, 2nd - 8, 3rd - 9, 4th - 8 and 5th - 9.
Snatch 16kg - alternating 2min/40reps/arm with 3min/54 reps/arm.

Same assistance exercises.

I did it yesterday and today received another modification from Dmitri.

Jerks: 1st set - 24 kg 10reps/2min (5 reps/min), rest and then do jerk with 16 kg 43reps/5min as before.

I finally feel that there is some progress.

3 comments:

Alexander said...

Nice progress to the 24s! How often per week do you do jerk sessions?

Smet said...

Mostly twice a week. At this stage my sessions include both jerk and snatch.

Paul , Marguerite , Alex, Luke 'n' James said...

Eugene firing up the CNS with heavier stuff is useful - make the working giri feel light to start with. I used a barbell e.g 72.5kg when I was preparing for sets with 2x32. Sometimes I finish the work set with some short sharp sets of heavier bells - not just one arm as recommended by the AKC but 2 arm. The body "remembers" the last effort of a training session.

Jerks are hard but there is no easy route to success - technique & practise & reflection , it's a no brainer!