Change of training

I decided to take a break from training with Sataev and try to train on my own. From now I will follow general principle of Russian EDT described in my earlier post
http://girevoysportafter40.blogspot.com/2008/07/russian-edt-in-gs.html

I will alternate jerk and snatch days and will try increase the volume. Training will consist of cycles, five session each, where the load will increase gradually from day one to day five. Each jerk session will start with "breathig reps" with 24 kg bells as per Ryabchenko's method, which I will discuss in the future posts.

My nearest goal is to complete 10 sets of 1 minute with 1 minute rest interval in between. I will keep the record of my progress (or lack thereof).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exactly prompted the decision to switch? Was there something more or less appealing about one method or the other?

Smet said...

I don't like that every workout is close to maximum effort. At the same time I don't feel I am doing enough volume.

Anonymous said...

Hi Eugene

You have referred to this Ryabchenko's method several times here and in IGX forum. You have raised my curiosity to allmost intolerable level. Is the a internet site (even in russian) were I could read more becofe you have time to tell more about it?

WBR 37 year old girevik with competition after one month while getting over serious overtraining problem phase ;-)

Smet said...

If you give me your email address I can email the article in Russian to you. Alternatively, I am preparing the post on Ryabchenko and plan to put it up in the next couple of days.

Anonymous said...

Since I am a new fan of your blog I was reading through your old entries. I have an old manual that I got from Dmitri Sataev which lists workouts similar to EDT. I will try to dig it up but basically it involved a certain amount of work based on percentages for a given amount of time...For example it might be 6 sets of varying percentage of max reps (ex. 20%,30%,2x40%,2x50%) to be done in 15 minutes. I don't remember if it talks about timed sets or timed rests. Are you combining something like that with Staley type training.