Tweaked session

I am recovering from a cold and didn't want to exert myself too much. Besides, being a doctor I cannot help but think of all possible complications of working out with a viral infection. At least I had a good reason to cheat.

I did the following.

- 1 set of jerks with 24s, 2 minutes/10 reps.
- 7 sets of 16 kg jerks in interval fashion: one minute on - one minute off.
I managed 61 reps. (Was hoping to get 100. Not even close!)

I am going to return to the prescribed format at the next session, but I think this, today's way is quite usefull too. I managed to squeeze almost 50% more reps in a session. Also, as the load is more spaced out in time and I am not that tired, most reps were crisp and sharp. Anyway, I wrote the report to Dmitri and will see what he says about it pretty soon.

1 comment:

Howie B said...

Seems like a lot of colds and flu going around these days. I'm interested to hear Dmitri's response to today's session as you deviate somewhat from your usual training. Feel better!