Addendum to the previous post

Talking about REDT in the last post I was incorrect in the description of the method. I mentioned that you should not skip the workouts of the progression. My apologies, this is incorrect. It is ok to do longer set if you feel you can do it. I think it makes sense to progress slower as the bells become heavier.

Other variations may also seems feasible. For instance, even though it is not necessary, you may want to maintain the workout volume once you get to workout 6 and higher. So if you did 6 minute set, you can follow it with couple of 2 minute sets, or 3 and 1 or whatever.

REDT is the general GS training template and should be rather used as a guideline, not a program set in stone.

3 comments:

kamal singh said...

Hi. Thanks for posting this. How rest is recommended between sets? Thanks

Smet said...

Same as the duration of the set

jonnydee said...

Hey thanks for the great info - I think I will try this. Can you tell me what "EDT" stands for?