20 March 2010

2 x 24 kg jerks:
10 x 1 minute sets, rest 1 minute:
10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 5, 6, 7, 10
88 reps total

If I couldn't complete 10 reps I rested the remaining of the set minute plus the assigned rest interval. The goal today was to complete all 10 sets with as many reps as possible. Heart rate after the las set was through the roof.

I understand now why it looks like Rudnev and Lopatin seem to be jerking the head backwards during jerks. In actual fact the torso is deflected backwards, and in this position upper pecs are fired when the bells move up. Pecs are bigger than delts and are getting fatigued a bit later. That's my impression anyway.

I don't know how some people manage to do assistance exercises after main sets. I am smoked and can't think of doing anything else. Pussy, I know. But I am ok with that.

4 comments:

Alexander said...

Hi! We did almost the samework out!

The back thrust of the head and pec-activation.

Wasn't that a reason that they banned OH-press from olympic lifting? Some leant back and almost benched up the bar.

Then I guess there is a ballistic and chest bump aspect involved in the back thrust of the head. Not for me, but for the skilled ones anyway :-)

Mick Valentine said...

where were you today?

mick

Smet said...

Next time, Mick, I guess. Didn't get the email, didn't call, had to take the daughter to the concert - usual excuses.

Ataraxium said...

Good work Eugene.

I have been playing with the torso/head backwards motion and it seems that more than anything I get much better transference of energy into the elbows. The shoulders never seem as tired as when I do not do it. There is something there for sure.