7 August - First GS Comp

Today I participated in my first GS competition. Mind you, altogether there were four competitors, but this nevertheless was max effort for me. Everyone produced impressive numbers - Anthony went over 100 in jerk and over 70 per hand in snatch, while Mick did something like 80 reps with long cycle, both with 24 kgs. One competitor, 49 year old Shaun, performed in biathlon with 16 kg and did about 80 reps in jerk and over 160 in snatch.

Yours truly was the least impressive: 31 in jerk and 37L/38R in snatch, both for about 6 minutes. At least I have the starting point.

I am still planning to achieve my goals for the year. For jerk I am going to do more timed sets and REDT, for snatch - continuous lifting template. I am also planning to do more assistance exercises, including running.

5 comments:

Mick Valentine said...

I wish it was 80, that's for next comp... 62 almost 63(beaten just by the clock, i think)

Thanks for coming down and competing, was a good arvo.

Mick

Alexander said...

Good job guys! Eugene, 68,5 points ranks you category III right?

Roland Denzel said...

Good work!

Paul , Marguerite , Alex, Luke 'n' James said...

Good onya for fronting up , that is half the battle in this maddening sport ;<) cheers , paul

Tommy D said...

Congrats Eugene! And well done to all the other competitors as well, always good to hear about a successful meet.