14 October 2009

2 x 18 kg LC:
44 reps/slightly over 7 minutes at 6 reps/min

The goal is still 10 minutes/60 reps with 2 x 20 kg, which was carefully attempted today. At the 7 minute mark the headache started creeping in, and I stopped before it came to full force. I think it is coming from me overly straining my neck. I also tend to bang the bells against my chest during cleans, and that also seems to cause excessive impact on my head. Something to work on.

A bit of volume to finish with

2 x 18 kg jerks:
3 min/20 reps
2 min/20 reps
2.5 min/20 reps
2 min/20 reps

Total volume 4464 kg.

I am thinking of possible solutions for the headache problem. One, to stop LC for a month and see what happens. Two, ignore getting to 10 minutes with the current weight and to start the next step of REDT with 19 kg bells. After all, the original progression stops at 8 minutes, not 10 anyway. That's what I am going to do next session, 10 sets of 1 minute LC with 19 kg. At some stage I will come back and try going full 10 minutes with 18s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eugene

Check if your upper traps and levator scapulae are too tight. Also the opposing muscles (pectoralis minor and scalenes)might contribute to the problem.

Here is link to more info:
http://kettlebellfitnessdk.wordpress.com/2009/09/07/rounded-shoulders-general-bad-posture/

Just quessing.

JVAS.