4 January 2009

Happy New Year everyone!

I have to set goals for the year and in fact did that last year: I have to jerk two 16s 100 times in May (and, if possible two 24s for 50 reps). So I guess now I have to step into the second stage of the annual cycle, where I have to ramp up the intensity - that is, according to the Horonenko-Romashin template (see the post on The Conceptual Principles of GS training).

Now, after finding excuses for feasting and binging on all kind of food for couple of weeks it is time to get back. First training session of the year today, and I was not going to kill myself. I'll call it a variety day to justify being short of breath from more or less the first set.

2 x 18 kg jerks:
5 sets x 2 min: 17/17/15/16/16 reps (81 total)

18 kg snatch: 1.5 min - 23 reps/arm

That's it for the modest start.

No comments: